Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The Social Dilemma

 After watching this documentary, it is clear that we are definitely spending way to much time on our phones and social media. Every week, Apple sends out a screen time report, and my numbers are quite scary. On average, Apple reports that I spend about 5 hours a day on my phone. And all those hours are spent on social media... Tiktok to be exact. In the documentary they discussed how we basically loose life because of the way social media controls us rather than us controlling social media. I interpret this as, in our free time we go straight to social media. We post pictures to make it seem like we are living the ideal life, to create a sense of jealousy. That's what it has done. It also creates room for bullies and judgement, which can do great things to people. One thing I think that could be a topic to discuss is how when we are even thinking about something, speak about or search for something (ex a car) there would be advertisements for that search or thought across all social media platforms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Do I Deserve an A